A well-funded startup, located in a beautiful loft space in the Flatiron district, is seeking a Senior Android Engineer. Their app offers a personal recommendation service: if you're looking for an opinion on the best places to eat, shop, and find services, this company allows you to leverage your social networks to find the places that your friends, acquaintances, and trusted experts recommend most. You can then share, search, and discover neighborhood gems from your mobile device based off the advice of people you know -- not off of the online reviews of random strangers.
You will work on expanding and scaling their native Android application, on a small and collaborative team. This company is looking for candidates with experience working on customer-facing, high volume applications.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ Years of experience in Android application development
- 5+ Years overall development experience (Java, C/C++)
- Published public facing Android apps in Google Play
- Have been involved in the entire life cycle of Android apps
- Local to the NYC area
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related
- Experience building social networking applications
- Experience in a startup environment
Benefits & Perks
You will be an integral part of a fast growing startup in the heart of Manhattan. Strong company culture and work-life balance is a priority! You will have the option to work from home 1-2 days per week, and additionally, receive a competitive compensation package that includes equity in the company.