Senior Software Architect (Microsoft)
A professional services / consulting organization with offices across North America has an open job in their Downtown Chicago headquarters for a Practice Director / Project & Technical Lead / Architect / Microsoft focused Software Engineer that focuses on developing cutting edge software using Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET) C# technologies.
This role has many titles but it is a critical position leading a team of 10 software engineers focused on delivering enterprise software in the world of portals, enterprise collaboration, ecommerce, mobile web, CRM and custom software.
An ideal candidate will be able to exercise project leadership on large scale Microsoft .NET and SQL driven software delivery from the initial requirements gathering interface with the customer to the delivery of the solution and everything in between i.e. estimated of resources, man hours, and timelines of successful delivery of finished product and execution of the deliverable.
This is not a program manager role or a hands-off project manager role. Yes, you will have other development resources you will use to get things done but you will still need to make design decisions and roll up your sleeves and do some technical heavy lifting when required. There is limited to no travel outside of Chicago for this position which is based out of a downtown Chicago office.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong background in Software Architecture Principals, SOA, SAAS and Agile Process
- 4+ years of experience within the .Net framework, including ASP.net, MVC 3 / 4, WCF and webservices using SOAP, REST, Web API, JSON, etc.
- Knowledge of database design principals, optimization, and business intelligence (BI) preferred
- Strong Principals of Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Design Patterns, and High Availability Distributed Design
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in consulting or professional services is nice to see
- Ability to plan timelines / resources needed for full project execution
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Any type of relationship with Microsoft is nice to see
- Experience with technical mentor-ship, driving interview process is nice to see
What You Will Be Doing
- 25% Hands On
- 25% Management Duties
- 50% Client Facing
- Competitive Salary: Up to $100K - $180K
- Ability to offer a strong base salary
- Bonus Structure
- Paid training