Senior Ruby Developer (Functional Programming)
We are a financial technology company that creates cutting edge platforms for some of the largest finance institutions in Chicago. Currently we are building out two new platforms in Go and Clojure. We are looking for developers with a background in open source development (primarily Ruby on Rails because we have had the most success with ruby developer picking up Go and Clojure) to help create these platforms from the ground up.
Financial technology continues to be on the bleeding edge if you are excited about the idea of building a real-time, low latency trading platform then we should talk.
Throughout our company we use Java, Python, Ruby, (plus GO and Clojure for our next generation trading platform) so even if your background doesn’t match up perfectly to this description but you are interested in fintech we have a place for you. This isn’t just a job, it’s a place for research and development, a place where you will be developing software to bring change to an entire industry. It’s a high intensity environment and you’re rewarded greatly for your work. (See benefits package)
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working with OOP and Functional languages
- Interest in progressive technologies such as Go, Clojure, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with a collaborative team
- Experience in the AI or machine learning world
Benefits and Perks
- 401k +6% match, 4 weeks PTO + 2 weeks of sick days, 10%-20% Annual Bonus, BCBS PPO Healthcare partially covered by us, Free Vision and Dental.
- Casual start up environment, investment in technology and continued learning (Access to Chicago development conferences, Safari Books Online, dual 27” monitors, tuition reimbursement).