Senior Linux System Engineer
An e-verification employment company is looking for an experienced and technically skilled Systems Administrator with a Linux systems background. This person will be responsible for testing and evaluating Linux as well as some windows servers to eliminate problems and make improvements. They will also need a strong knowledge of server hardware, SAN storage and network configurations.
This person will be participating in future-state infrastructure planning and providing technical guidance and training to other staff members within the organization. They will be supporting production systems, analyzing problems, and configure systems within the distributed computing environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience administering, supporting, and implementing production websites and backend systems
- Significant experience with windows (03 and up) and linux operating systems
- Linux: RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Strong knowledge of the LDAP
- Strong knowledge of Jboss and Tomcat
- Hands on experience with configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef
- Proficient scripter
- Ability to develop and maintain technical documentation
- Ability to provide 24/7 on call support in rotation
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience supporting and configuring load balancer appliances
- Vmware experience doing P2V’s
- MUST BE familiar with Java
- Have a strong understanding of TCP/IP, LDAP, DNS, routing, and tuning
- Ability to work in an Agile/Scrum/Lean environment where systems changes are continuously developed, refactored and delivered to production over small iterations
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Hands On
- 30% Management Duties
- 10% Reporting to Leadership
- Competitive Salary: Up to $135K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners is a nationwide contingency recruiting firm, specializing in the hiring and placement of open-source and .NET engineers; front-end developers; and network managers and engineers. We generate breakthrough recruitment results through lean management techniques, a focus on client relationships, and a unique team-based recruitment approach.