Network Operations Center Technician
Currently looking for a Network Operations Center Technician assumes responsibility for monitoring of all our clients critical systems. They provide Level II technical support and customer service duties for both internal and external company clients and products. They maintain communications with appropriate personnel to provide escalation and notification of system anomalies.
This position is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, remediation operations, applications, networking, systems, messaging, developmental LAB, and resolving incidents and outage events utilizing documented processes and run books. Drive incident management during planned and unplanned outages ensuring resolution, escalation, and communication processes are followed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Monitoring, maintenance, diagnostics and repair of Hyatt internal computer equipment in the computer room and at user
- workstations, as well as support client interaction with computer room systems and downloading of client products
- Coordinate all modifications and additions to Hyatt’s computer products and applications with Developers and Support Staff, as
- well as upgrades and installations of computer room/data center hardware.
- Implement new technologies and roll-out new products and systems in coordination with other Technical Support staff.
- Performs trend analysis on monitoring alarms, incident reports and service tickets, to resolve identified issues.
- Provide technical guidance on operational issues affecting Hyatt’s key production areas.
- Maintain channels of communication with Application Managers to ensure prompt technical support of any and all computer
- related problems.
- Coordinate support administration with all Hyatt and Third Party technical teams
- Provide oversight for IT Service Desk activities including process tracking and reporting
- Participate in the development and implementation of other ITSM practices
- Follow defined standards to resolve specific sets of incidents/problems
- Escalate issues within the defined standards
- 3+ years progressive experience in a NOC, IT Operations, or Tier 2/Tier 3 Technical Support role
- Advanced working understanding of Microsoft windows server administration basics.
- Advanced working understanding of Linux server administration basics.
- Advanced experience within the following tools: Nagios, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with SiteScope, SolarWinds, CDN's, Splunk, Oracle, .NET, SQL, Perl, Java, Scripting, HTML, Informatica preferred.
- Certified in ITIL Foundations v3 or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform analysis, define new processes and drive technology initiatives and projects.
- Experience in developing and executing a well-defined approach to implementing change in a Global environment.
- Demonstrable skills working Change Management activities.
Benefits & Perks
- Excellent Health Benefits
- Paid Travel
- Opportunities for Growth