QA Automation Engineer
A company in Woodland Hills is actively seeking a contract software engineer for their enterprise Java team. They are a software product company that focuses on the mapping and tracking of applications across the world and solar system. The opportunity to work here could be classified as a "dream job."
This role is going be a mix of design, architecture, and development on new and existing software applications. These apps are built in Java 1.8, and the latest technologies that most developers would like to get their hands on. Experience working with Spring Security, Hibernate, REST, and RabbitMQ are preferred.
Day to day, you'll be working on architecting solutions, as well as being a hands on resource on the development side. These software applications track assets real-time, so precision in crucial. Best practices like Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Continuous Integration are a fixture in this ecosystem. The development team is comprised of some of the brightest engineers in the area, so you'll have a wealth of knowledge to collaborate with. A Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree is a plus.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with Java 1.8
- Proficient with Spring - Security, Boot, and Batch
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful Web Services
- Must have experience with, Threading, Web Logic, Apache, chaching, Linux, and Web Security
- Working knowledge of the Agile/Scrum process, Test Driven Development, and Service Oriented Architecture
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Growth opportunity
- Job security
- Stable company profitability