Audiovisual Support Technician
A well-known healthcare association is expanding their IT support team! They're hiring an AV Support Engineer to join their HQ in downtown DC. You'll play a key role in supporting the state-of-the-art education and conference center. This includes supporting meetings from 10 to 300 attendees across multiple conference rooms, all while providing great customer service.
- Plasma & LCD Displays
- AV Control: Crestron and Extron (EControl and RoomView)
- Projectors: Christie and NEC
- Video Conferencing: Tandberg and Desktop Video
- Audio/Mic Systems: Push-to-Talk-Mics and Wireless Mics
- Video Production Systems
- Scalers: Extron or equivalent experience
- Digital Signage
- Audio and Web Conferencing
- Support the Meetings, Event, and Logistical (MELS) Team. Participate in walk-throughs and orientations with prospective clients. Participate in pre-conference meetings with clients to ensure proper planning leads to successful events.
- Maintain AV equipment. Inventory and keep all equipment in proper working order. Work with IT Management on support contracts and methods of repair.
- Provide technical support and customer service for meetings/events on evenings and weekends when required.
- Support the education and conference facility. Setup rooms prior to start of meeting. Meet and greet the presenters and instruct and assist them as needed.
- Provide technical support to visitors. Instruct visitors on proper use of AV and ensure visitor. provided laptops work properly with AV system.
- Support the various conference rooms located throughout the building.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly checks on systems and maintain checklist history.
- Assist with the creation of work schedules in order to support AV and both meetings and events at the building.
- The ability to troubleshoot complex audio, video, control systems (Creston/Extron), matrix switchers and codecs for VTC systems (Tandberg) is a must.
- Experience with installation of basic AV and IT related infrastructure (cabling, Ethernet, connectors, rack assembly) is important.
- Proficient in reading and comprehending AV system drawings, specifications and technical manuals.
- Assisting ITAV Team in other meeting areas if required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and or certifications
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Apple IOS, and Microsoft Office experience.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours (sometimes long stretches with some travel).