Java 8 Engineer (JVM/Start up)
Chicago’s fastest growing start up needs a Java/JVM professional like you.
The company deals with IoT solutions aimed at collecting vast amounts of data to predict the when and where heavy machinery is likely to breakdown. This technology has flipped the industry on their head and has landed this company a lot of positive publicity and funding.
You will be working with some of the most innovative tech on the market right now, so you’ll have to be sharp. IoT experience is good to have but a strong understanding of OOP and the JVM will be the deciding factor. If you’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment using Java 8, Spring (Data, Boot, MVC, etc.), Scala or Groovy, AWS or any cloud solutions provider.
The company starts everyone off on a contract basis to make sure the interest in mutual between you and the company environment.
If you’re interested in gaining some experience with one of Chicago’s technology cornerstones, send me your resume and let’s talk.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 4 years of professional experience using JEE technology
- Around a year of experience using Scala or Groovy
- Understanding of a JVM (JRuby or Jython are huge pluses)
- Experience interacting with a Cloud Solutions provider
- Comfortable with massive, unstructured data
- Streaming or querying technologies like Kafka or Akka are great to have
- 4-year college degree in CS or STEM is preferred
- My client cannot provide sponsorship or transfers
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor, you will receive the following benefits through us:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit