JVM Engineer (Fintech)
When you think of “Western Union”, you probably think of it as the company that your parents used to wire money back in the day. I’m working with a company looking to update that idea and bring it into this decade.
This small money transferring company based in downtown Chicago has been adding a few key additions to their management team. With that comes a lot of transition and progression in product development. First things first, the company is transitioning away from a heavily .NET platform to better utilize the JVM.
Minimally, you need to be an expert using Java and Spring on the backend. The role will be almost entirely backend focused. If you’re good with the JVM/BE Java development and you’re capable of working with Scala and Play, send me your resume and let’s get to work.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of J2EE development on the backend
- Spring framework
- Ability to read and translate C# code
- .5+ year of Scala and Play
- Interest in working exclusively on the backend
- Authorized to work for any US employer
Benefits and Perks
- 401k +6% match, 4 weeks PTO + 2 weeks of sick days, 10%-20% Annual Bonus, BCBS PPO Healthcare partially covered by us, Free Vision and Dental.
- Casual start up environment, investment in technology and continued learning (Access to Chicago development conferences, Safari Books Online, dual 27” monitors, tuition reimbursement).