Windows System Engineer (Contract to hire, VMware, Active Directory)
One of Orange County’s most prominent mortgage lending companies is looking to add a talented Windows Systems Engineer to their team on a contract to hire basis. Our client has been around for more than 20+ years and is not slowing down due to their IT driven mentality. The ideal candidate is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting the Server and related infrastructure and application components. You will work within an agile environment collaborating with multiple teams such as development and help desk teams.
Someone with extensive server administration experience in a large enterprise environment will be a great fit. In this role you will need to come in and hit the ground running with tools such as VMware, Citrix, VDI platform, Cisco UCS and HP servers, SCCM, and SCOM.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in managing and supporting a Microsoft shop with hands-on design/implementation experience
- 3+ years in Server virtualization hands-on experience
- Strong SQL Server Cluster Setup 2012 and up
- The Senior Systems Engineer is expected to work on projects or issues with minimal supervision, it is expected that they are capable of making independent decisions
- Tremendous knowledge of designing, implementing and maintaining Microsoft systems and applications running on it
- High-level expertise in troubleshooting Microsoft networks and server related issues
- Must have the skillset required to act as a senior technical representative for the IT department
- Setup, Configuration, maintaining, and support of the Citrix and VDI platform
- Setup, Configuration, maintaining, and support of the Cisco UCS and HP server environment comprised of Blade and rack mount servers
- Setup, Configuration, maintaining, and support of our VMware and Hyper-V environment
- Responsible for utilizing and managing SCCM and SCOM
Desired Skills & Experience
- Azure and O365 experience is preferred.
- Outstanding communication and documentation skills
- Great work ethic and team player mentality
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit