Linux System Administrator
A client of ours is looking for an experienced Linux System Administrator to join our team. The ideal candidate would have 5 years of experience. Under general supervision and working on moderately complex tasks - install, configure and maintain operating systems on workstations and web servers that support scientific and business processes. Recognize and solve problems with server hardware, operating systems and applications software. Schedule and perform software installations, operating system and layered software package upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of Linux experience.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system and Linux system administration: OS installation, monitoring, etc.
- Experience with Virtual hardware (VMWare)
- Proficient with Shell, Python scripting, or Perl.
- Experience automating tasks.
- Must have good interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams and partnerships across a wide range of stakeholders to deliver complex projects.
- Knowledge of ITIL management framework, and experience using ITIL processes preferred.
- Skill in Red Hat 7, SELinux, and Kerberos, is helpful