Senior DevOps Engineer (Learn Hashicorp Tools while Using AWS Offerings)
A consulting company headquartered in Irvine is excited to invite contract-to-hire Senior DevOps engineers to join its movement that serves global customers in a relaxed yet vivacious office. This contract-to-hire position is 18 months with the opportunity to transition to full-time. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with automating open source technologies, such as Jenkins (continuous integration), AWS offerings, or We invite talented DevOps engineers to learn more about our company and join a team that is passionate about pushing technology forward with the opportunity to get your hands on Hashicorp tools like Terraform, Consul, and Nomad.
As a DevOps Engineer you will utilize your combination of both Windows & Linux experience, network knowledge, scripting abilities, information security and debugging skills. You will be responsible for deploying offensive and defensive techniques to keep the platform healthy while working closely with the product and development teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience creating own modules with Configuration Management tools like: Puppet, Chef, Salt/Saltstack, or Ansible.
- Web server literacy in a production environment with Apache, IIS, or Ngnix
- Experience with AWS offerings as: including at least: EC2, S3, and Cloudformation
- Scripting language abilities in Bash, Python, or NodeJS preferred
- Experience using one of the following open-source technologies for continuous integration such as Jenkins, Travis CI, or GoCD
- Big data management tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, or Storm
- Database management experience such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or Redis
- Monitoring tool experience with an ELK stack environment, either Nagios, or New Relic, Icinga, Cacti, or DataDog.
Desired Skills & Experience,
- Knowledge of information security to monitor and automate operational features of platform a plus
- Team players enthusiastic about working with the latest technologies
- Someone who appreciates a casual and collaborative environment in sunny Orange County
- Engineers excited to be part of meaningful projects alongside thriving businesses
Benefits & Perks
- Work from home opportunities
- Maternity & paternity leave
- Flexible Savings Account & Health Savings Account
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Equity Incentive Plan
- Family Medical Leave
- Flexible or Reduced Hours
- Paid Time off and Paid Holidays
- Relaxed but vivacious environment and culture that appreciates work/life balance and collaboration.
- Mentorship program
- Located in sunny Orange County
- Flexible vacation time