Principal Software Engineer (C#, Angular, API, SQL/NoSQL)
Our client located in Newport Beach is currently hiring for a Senior Software Engineer and Lead Engineer to help in building their next generation products. With the recent acquisition of a smaller competitor they are really making their hold on the market stronger with ability to deliver more products to the demanding space of Television and Broadcasting for the digital world. They build systems for broadcast TV including News production systems and Master control. Most of the work they do involves manipulation of video files, recording/playout of video to SDI, and integration with 3rd party systems.
We’re looking for a technical leader who is self-motivated, has excellent communication skills, is capable of high programming productivity, and who is interested in learning about video, TV, news, master control, etc. They’re looking for a technical leader who is self-motivated, has excellent communication skills, is capable of high programming productivity, and who is interested in learning about video, TV, news, master control, etc. The technical requirements of the job are thorough understanding of full stack development using Angular, C#, C++, .Net, Web API, SQL Server and NoSQL datastores.
They run their projects using SCRUM and they operate in relatively stable teams. They have some legacy software that must be maintained, but are ramping up a major new software development effort.
Required Skills & Experience
- Expertise in C#, .Net
- Expertise implementing common design patterns
- Expertise using cloud based services such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with CSS and Bootstrap
- Experience with common ORM tools such as Entity Framework or Hibernate
- Proficient with SQL Server
- Object oriented thinking
- Proficient at C++ & video manipulation with tools like MainConcept or Matrox
- Experience with MongoDB, Cassandra, MemcacheD, SOLR, Elastic, and others can be useful
Currently Using the Following Technologies
- Environments: Microsoft .Net, .Net Core, SQL Server, Windows Server, IIS
- Libraries & Tools: Matrox, MainConcept, FFMPEG
Benefits & Perks
- Full Health