Senior Linux Automation Engineer
Senior Systems Engineering position on the converged storage/networking/compute team with a well-known data analytics company in NOVA. This group oversees thousands of RHEL/CentOS VMs (they’re responsible for all the infrastructure for core services that encompasses dev/test/pre-prod/prod stages using stateless autodeploy). This group is not focusing as much on the application/DNS layer, more on the hardware layer. The ideal hire is a Linux engineer (part Linux admin, part web developer) who has some background maintaining their own web servers as a developer (HTML, PHP, etc.)
- This is a Chef Enterprise environment, so you will have the opportunity to write cookbooks and recipes for CM
- This group also works very closely with the Storage/Networking/Tools team to integrate their resources with an API interface to automate provisioning processes via Cloudbolt
- Other nice-to-haves:
- Infoblox, LDAP, stateless autodeploy, Chef, AWS
- You might also do some things like:
- Modify build environments in their orchestrator to assist customers with building out their own hosts, setting them to the correct network
- Administration of existing tools/infrastructure and some tool development (they have a lot of homegrown tools written in PHP, Python, some Chef, Ruby, Shell scripting)
- With AWS, run some scripts to maintain the inventory of their AWS assets
- API stuff is another nice-to-have (not front end API work)
- PHP would also be a nice-to-have
- One upcoming project is working to develop one API interface to manage almost everything. By using just one API layer, if you go to automate something, you can grab info from VMWare, ServiceNow, Chef, Git using the same login and return structure.
This is a full time direct hire opportunity that offers a competitive benefits package and a clear trajectory for growth and development. Submit your resume for immediate consideration!