Based in Washington, D.C. the premier brand for content and media is looking to hire multiple Mid and Senior Python Developers to build out their Reston, Virginia office (HQ in Washington, D.C.). You will gain exposure building on high traffic/visibility web platform used by the largest content and media providers around the globe!
This is a 6-9 month contract to hire with competitive rates! The option to convert to an employee is available to those who prefer permanent opportunities.
Work location can be Reston, Va or Washington, D.C.
Hourly rate up to $70/hour W-2
This is an amazing opportunity to join the premier content company in the United States. If you are a talented Python Developer looking to build on a cutting edge open-source stack that includes some of the trendiest technologies (Docker, AWS, React, NGINX, etc), then you will want to inquire about this opportunity.
This a great opportunity for those living in NOVA not looking to commute into the city!
- 2+ year of experience in a professional full--stack development environment.
- 3-5+ years of experience with at least two server side languages: Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc.
- Strong fundamental computer science skills: algorithms, data structures, design patterns.
- Experience working with either relational or non-relational databases – ideally both.
- Experience working with cloud architectures – preferably with AWS.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with a small group of engineers on a piece of our platform (e.g., the core rendering engine, the content authoring tool, the core services all of our apps run on).
- Spending 75% of the time writing code, and the other 25% getting feedback from customers, deciding which features to build and how, and sharing your great work.
- Bringing new technologies and architectures to our technology landscape.
- Deploying to production all the time, making the lives of our users better, helping us sell our platform – aka. making a difference.
Salary & Perks
This is a contract to hire opportunity. Conversion to perm is preferred! Competitive hourly rates + health benefit offerings and sick time as well.