Director of TechOps
A FinTech company in the Loop is looking to bring on a Director of Technical Operations, to lead the 40+ person team constructed of site reliability, monitoring, release management, and internal helpdesk. They work in a mixed infrastructure environment, leveraging both co-location facilities and AWS for our production environments. Their current tech stack is: Ruby on Rails, Go, Postgres, and Debian Linux. The technical operations team works with: Chef, Big Panda, New Relic and Jenkins. Your core responsibility will be to craft the team and tools, build the processes that support a large and growing online business, all while taking care of our customers outside and inside of the company.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Run and grow our Site Reliability Engineering function, sharing ownership of managing and improving our applications and infrastructure with your peers in Technology leadership.
- Monitor everything. You will make sure we have early warning of potential issues before they become problems.
- You will help us grow into a true CI/CD shop. We do 60+ releases a week, a trend that is likely to grow.
- Drive scaling and growth requirements for our environments based on business goals.
- Incidents will occur (though we have a high uptime goal and are expected to meet it). You’ll need to be able to effectively handle these incidents, hitting our recovery time objectives as well as long-term solutions.
- Provide great service to our internal customers and external business customers through our helpdesk
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience, strong technical acumen and 3+ years running a larger technology organization, including managing managers
- Experience in running Technical Operations or DevOps in a high volume, high uptime environment
- Experience in building strong monitoring, redundancy, and controls.
- Experience in “leveling up” the skills and talent of a TechOps or DevOps team
- Ability to establish strong personal connections, foster relationships, cultivate and inspire your team
- Influence the Technology organization as a whole
- Ability to attract, hire, and retain Top Talent
Benefits & Perks
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Comprehensive health insurance