Linux System Administrator
Our client is an experienced Linux System Administrator to join our team. Under general supervision and working on moderately complex tasks - install, configure and maintain operating systems on workstations and web servers that support scientific and business processes. Recognize and solve problems with server hardware, operating systems and applications software. Schedule and perform software installations, operating system and layered software package upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of Linux experience.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system and Linux system administration: OS installation, monitoring, etc.
- Experience with Virtual hardware (VMWare)
- Working knowledge of relational database, networking and RAID storage concepts.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve Linux software and hardware issues.
- Proficient with Shell, Python scripting, or Perl.
- Experience automating tasks.
- Must have good interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to write clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams and partnerships across a wide range of stakeholders to deliver complex projects.
- Experience working in large, complex computing environments.
- Must have ability to prioritize tasks and work with a large and diverse set of users.
- Knowledge of ITIL management framework, and experience using ITIL processes preferred.
- Skill in Red Hat 7, SELinux, and Kerberos, is helpful