Role requires strong knowledge and hands-on support of distributed systems hardware platforms (HP, Dell, Sun, prevalent blade technologies) and operating systems (HPUX, Windows Server, Solaris and Linux), and experience (3-5 or more years) in both areas. Certification in hardware and software preferred, but not required. Procurement knowledge and experience, vendor management, and knowledge of data center best practices are also requirements. Individual will need to know cabling specifications and best practices for voice and data solutions, intermediate electrical theory, HVAC, security, raised floor and other best practices associated with managing an enterprise level data center. Individual must also possess thorough understanding of OSI model, and demonstrate hands-on experience with at least one major information technology hardware platform (mainframe, distributed, microcomputer, telephony). Individual will be required to use a Data Center Visual Management tool to update and maintain raised floor plans from design through implementation and maintenance phases of project. ITIL knowledge and experience preferred but not required.
Position requires great communication skills, both oral and written since position's audience includes technical, project and business resources. Must also possess the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines (often conflicting for priority).
• Analyzes and resolves facilities related production issues. Documents and follows up on all issues to ensure customer satisfaction and stability.
• Engagement with operational platform teams and customer IT teams to support problem management activities including root cause analysis.
• Participation in creation and implementation of project designs.
• Participation in creation and implementation of security standards.
• Participation in on-call activities.
• 3-5 years’ experience in an applicable operations role including cabling systems, asset management, power and space management, or raised floor logistics.
• 5 years’ hands-on support of distributed systems hardware platforms (HP, Dell, Sun, prevalent blade technologies) and operating systems (HPUX, Windows Server, Solaris and Linux)
• Certification in a facilities operations or engineering field
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
• MCSE, MCSA, ITIL Certification, Basic Unix, Basic SQL
• 8 years’ experience in an enterprise level Data Center