Lead Full Stack Java Engineer
One of the largest and most reputable American entertainment companies is actively seeking a Lead Java Software Engineer with experience building and maintaining full stack (front end and back end) web applications and scalable systems. This multi-platform division of the company is currently staffing up for a mission critical project that requires the transition of legacy applications to the newest front end and Java technologies, so someone with experience in Spring Boot (MVC) and HTML5/Angular.JS would be an asset in this role.
This is a long term contract position, but with a strong likelihood to transition to a fulltime role as the budget for this project will likely extend into 2018. As a long term contractor, you are eligible not only for health insurance, but a 401k and paid sick time as well. Furthermore, you get to work onsite in Culver City at one of the largest studios in Los Angeles, and will likely run into celebrities left and right!
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 8 years of software development experience using Java (J2EE)
- Spring Boot or MVC
- RESTful or SOAP Web Services experience
- HTML/CSS (HTML5, CSS3 preferred)
Oracle (or other relational database)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Test driven development (TDD)
- Unit-testing using Junit or Jasmine
- Scalability experience (on AWS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical field
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Ability to get your foot in the door with a top tier company
- Growth opportunity!