Machine Learning Engineer
Our client is a stealth mode startup in San Mateo. At this point, we aren’t allowed to disclose much. However, the company has already raised a significant amount of venture capital. The founder was one of the first 50 employees at Google. On the whole, they are working on many interesting areas including UI design, artificial intelligence, information retrieval, distributed computing, and large-scale system design to name a few. You will work with a small team in a fast paced growing company. It’s important that you are versatile and passionate about tackling new problems.
In this role you will:
- Research, develop, and apply methods for measuring and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Develop new algorithms and methods for optimizing product performance, revenue, and adoption.
- Research new ways for modeling and predicting end-user behavior
- Lead investigations into multiple streams of product data
- Design experiments to answer targeted questions
- Conduct exploratory data analysis in high dimensions
- BS in Computer Science or other quantitative disciplines such as Applied Mathematics
- Experience with large data sets using statistical software (R, S-Plus, Matlab or similar)
- Strong knowledge of either Python, Java or C++
- Practical experience in quantative analysis or game theory
- Ability to draw conclusions and recommend actions based on data
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB preferred)
Competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity