Senior Software Engineer
Cutting edge company that specializes in mobile app development platforms is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Newport Beach with a proven track record of designing and developing scalable software systems that leverage open source and big data related technologies. Salary $110,000-$130,000.
The senior software engineer’s primary responsibility is to work on projects and products deployed across server side, advertising and mobile platforms as the organization grows and evolves. The company needs engineers to be versatile and capable of addressing challenging and exciting opportunities as we continue to innovate and lead in the mobile space. The ideal candidate is proactive, responsive, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, experienced with software development and has a strong track record of having deployed highly scalable production code.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong experience in building highly scalable, available and responsive systems using open source software tools and technologies
- 8-10 years of professional software development
- 8-10 years strong Java development experience
- Good experience with REST API frameworks
- Previous experience in Ad Tech software with familiarity with OpenRTB, VAST and/or MRAID would be a big plus.
- Extremely strong SQL skills
- Experience doing Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation.
- Should have worked on concurrent, distributed systems.
- Responsible, organized and hardworking with excellent communication skills
- Experience with agile development processes
- Experience with cloud delivery platforms, ideally AWS
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years Big Data related technologies (Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, Cloudera)
- Experience as technical lead and mentoring junior developers
- Experience with NoSQL databases like HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, Aerospike
- Comfortable with linux, scripting(shell, python etc)
- Experience with mobile related technology (iOS/Android)
- Experience developing applications that interact with message queues (RabbitMQ or Kafka).
Benefits & Perks
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Pre-IPO stock options - including “early exercise” provision
- Flexible paid time off
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental and vision coverage