A mission-driven company is committed to stopping the spread of disease and giving families the tools needed to stay healthy. Their patented thermometers collect real-time, geolocated, health data using machine learning. Their thermometers are sold in thousands of stores nationwide and continue to receive prestigious awards. They are looking for another passionate, spirit-driven engineer to take ownership of data analytics and implement reports that drive business decisions. The Senior Software Engineer will write ETL in Java, deploy services using AWS, and design/implement backend services and APIs. This is a unique opportunity where software meets hardware radically change the health care industry.
This role is open to entry level candidates with the potential to grow into a senior engineer.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or Related
- 3 years of backend server development using Java
- Experience with SQL and data analytics
- Interest in working in a startup company
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working with AWS
- An interest in working with Docker
- Experience with Spark or Hadoop
Benefits & Perks
- Generous and flexible vacation time
- Great health and benefits plan
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunch 1x a week