Senior DevOps Engineer for Startup Company on the Beach!
This cutting edge startup company is the lead innovator for a cloud-based software that enhances the human experience across a huge industry. We are looking for a Lead DevOps engineer to lead our team of 3. Our application gives digital conversations (text, video, and payment methods) a seamless integration with existing platforms. Huge companies like Mercedes-Benz have turned to us to enhance their customer’s experience through our platform’s two main features: instant communication and payments.
Our engineers are hands-on with all the latest technologies such as Ansible, Docker Swarm, HAProxy, seven AWS offerings, and we’re even moving to CloudFormation! We have some existing automation frameworks in place and this engineer will get to build more automation frameworks depending on our releases and upgrades. We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a tight-knit team that values teamwork. We have unlimited free snacks and beverages, semi-unlimited vacation time-off, gym membership reimbursement, and full health/vision/dental insurance. This Lead DevOps engineer will work in our office that is 0.5 miles from the ocean.
Candidates must be able to work on a W2 direct-hire basis (this is not a remote position, but we do offer flexible hours!
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in AWS offerings (we use EC2, S3, RDS, ElasticCache, SQF, CloudFront, and heavy VPS)
- Automation experience such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Saltstack (we use Ansible)
- Experience in virtualized environments (we support 500 instances with VMWare, and 100 with AWS!)
- Application servers such as Nginx, Tomcat, or JBOSS (we use HAProxy)
- Programming language with shell scripts (bash) PLUS one more language required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Thrives in a startup culture: is a team player, a strong communicator, a life-long learner
- Database experience (we use MariaDB, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, and ElasticSearch)
- Containerization exposure (we have an unfinished project in this area) such as Docker with Kubernetes
- Orchestrating containers with either Rancher or Swarm a huge plus!
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible hours (we’re not an 8 to 5: come early, leave early. Till the job gets done!)
- Startup culture with in-office games
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Work-life balance: Vacation time (we don’t encourage fun and relaxation time; we actually require it)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- Stocked kitchen with unlimited free snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture (we have office-wide lunches and events every Friday)
- Paid Time off and Paid Holidays