Director of DevOps (Cloud Infrastructure)
A large SAAS company in Orange County is growing and has an immediate opening for a Director of DevOps lead their DevOps team. The Director will be responsible for leading all the efforts of design, architecture, and code for all new DevOps aspects. The company is looking for a highly motivated self-starter, who is capable of working with minimal direction and guide the team in the right direction of automating an environment. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on a next generation product using the latest and greatest technologies.
This candidate is responsible for the stability, integrity and performance of all customer production environments including storage, servers, networking, virtualization, automation systems and all associated hardware and software solutions in our private and public cloud. The Director of Cloud/DevOps ensures that customer infrastructure implementations follow project management and service delivery best practices.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ year’s management and people leadership experience in the Service Delivery or IT/Cloud Operations areas.
- Enthusiastic, high-energy individual, self-motivated and self-directed– culture is paramount!
- Cloud Services/IaaS engineering experience is required.
- Strong team management experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational/business planning skills.
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- Vendor management experience is required.
- Networking experience is required (e.g. DNS, F5, AWS ELB, etc.).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with monitoring tools such as NewRelic, Splunk, Nagios, Keynote, etc.
- Experience with VSphere, VirtualBox, etc.
- Experience managing Linux environments
- Experience with MySQL, MongoDB, Redshift, Redis, RabbitMQ, NGINX, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, etc.
Benefits & Perks
- Great technology focused company to work for
- Matching 401K and full medical benefits
- Chance to lead a very talented DevOps team
- Startup like culture.