Manager of Software Development
Leader in analytics and machine-learning startup is actively seeking a Manager of Software Development for their location in the Mission district of San Francisco.
The company has built a complex platform for data science teams to secure test data, aiding in the setup of machine learning. The company has very little competition in their industry and is the first-to-market in this sphere, making them extremely innovative and successful thus far.
As a Manager of Software Development you will help to manage a team, but will also spend half of your time coding and doing development. The ideal candidate is comfortable and efficient in a position that is 50% hands on and 50% management.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years as Java Engineer
- 2+ years of experience in engineering management
- Expertise building high-performing, highly scalable solutions in the Cloud
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with multiple data stores, including SQL, Postgres, Memcache, Redis, and Redshift
- Knowledgeable in professional software engineering practices for full development life cycle
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible vacation time
- Work From Home Opportunities
- Close to public transportation
- Fully covered health, dental, vision
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Great work/life Balance
- Monthly volunteer and team outing opportunities