QA Automation Engineer (Experience with Microservices Testing Needed)
This entertainment company in Irvine runs a web-based platform that is heavy on the big data side. We're looking for a Software QA Engineer to make a direct impact to chart our transformative platform in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
This engineer will work alongside both a manual and automation team (we’re a Java shop) and test client-side APIs.The ideal candidate has experience using Selenium Webdriver and web services testing such as Rest and SOAPUI protocols. We keep things automated style (Ansible environment) and believe in keeping our platform bug-free for our many clients.
Required Skills & Experience
- Design and develop test frameworks for functional automation and performance testing
- Create test plans, test scripts and working closely with the developers to understand the implementation
- Design and develop automation test script for the front-end applications, backend services/tools, service contracts, SDK and REST APIs
- Automate testing and certifying software modules with a high quality standard
- Participate on an Agile scrum team, performing peer reviews and mentoring less experienced team members
- Productively work in highly collaborative agile team, coach junior team members, actively participate in knowledge sharing
- Experience testing API’s and Front-end behavior. Must have knowledge in one of the following platforms: Java Script, C#, or SQL.
- Previous Test Automation experience required
- White and black box testing experience
- Experience in agile environment working with product owners and engineering to deliver high quality products
- Ability to plan/document/write test cases with detailed reports on test progress
Desired Skills & Experience
- Team-oriented personality
- Testing experience in public cloud (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Knowledge on tools like FitNesse, Selenium WebDriver, MSFT load testing framework
- Restful APIS