Senior DevOps Engineer
A Fortune 100 company in the entertainment industry is hiring for a Senior Devops Linux Engineer to join the team. This company has more than 50 million users and is continuing to grow. This position requires strong Linux/Unix skills and scripting experience to build a next generation data platform centered on the big data and Hadoop ecosystem.
In terms of day-to-day responsibilities, you’ll install/upgrading/managing data warehouse tools, creating/maintaining automation scripts using Puppet/Chef and monitoring/troubleshooting/tuning clusters for system performance. You’ll also architect to resolve problems with applications and enterprise system, along with use cluster monitoring tools like Splunk.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Software Development and/or Linux Systems Administration role.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with a strong sense of ownership. SREs at Gaikai participate in operations decision-making and are therefore key to the success of our service.
- Available to participate in a scheduled 12h on-call rotation.
- 5 years experience with s/w requirements gathering, designing, planning, problem- solving, technical analysis and presentation of business problems.
- 3 years experience with administration of large scale cloud storage architecture.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient as a Linux Production Systems Engineer, with experience managing large scale Web Services infrastructure.
- Proficient with the design, implementation and full management of Cloud Storage Technologies such as Ceph and Gluster in a large scale production environment. This includes end-end implementation of replication policies and tiered storage strategies, along with monitoring and alerting solutions, specifically designed to maintain 99.9% or better uptime.
- Experience with the end-end performance analysis and optimization of cloud storage infrastructure and software technologies.
- Deployment of cloud environments such as OpenStack, SWIFT and AmpliData software a plus
- Development experience either Python (preferred), Bash, Java, Node.js, C++ or Ruby
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive benefits package
- Medical. Dental. Vision.
- Competitive PTO package
- Great location in sunny Orange County