Site Reliability Engineer/Architect (Contract to hire, W2 Only)
A large fortune 100 company here in Costa Mesa is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer/Architect to add to their team for a 6-month contract to hire. This role comes with benefits as a contractor including 401K. Please apply if interested in learning more! Pay rate on a W2 is at a $60 cap.
You will be Engineer/Architect with a mix of systems and software engineering skills, executing in an always evolving work environment.
This involves ensuring that software products used by our clients are always available and performant under exponential growth conditions.
You’ll partner with fellow engineers to architect and build mission critical distributed systems that can stand the test of scale and availability, while limiting operational overhead.
Our Site Reliability Engineer/Architect will drive efficiencies in systems and processes such as capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
This role does involve participating in an on call rotation and be available for escalations.
• Self-motivated, a deep feeling of ownership, confident and the able to design systems.
• Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
• A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
• Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing, load balancing, Apigee, DataPower and monitoring.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.