Software product company located in Reston, Virginia is looking to add a Systems Engineer to their growing team. As a Systems Engineer you will work closely with the senior technical management and the systems engineering team to manage a cutting edge platform that helps Fortune 100 companies interact with and enhance the customer experience. Big name clients include General Mills, Pepsi and Ikea. You will be working on all new development for a new analytics platform that will be used by clients worldwide.
This is a technology first organization that invests a lot into their engineering team! Looking for a place where you have the freedom to work on side projects and tinker with cutting edge technologies? Looking for a place that will provide you with mentorship and guidance and challenge you technically? Looking for a place where the environment feels like a startup but it has the stability of a profitable company that’s been around for over ten years? If so, then read on!
What you’ll do:
- Design, deploy and maintain production Cloud infrastructure.
- Automate deployments and system management tasks.
- Install, upgrade and manage all aspects of our cloud environments. Working on both physical and virtual machines. Installing operating systems (windows and linux), configuring Application Servers, Databases, Load Balancers, and Firewalls.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing and securing our cloud platform, including redundancy planning, disaster recovery, and capacity planning.
- Monitor production systems proactively and take actions as necessary.
- Assists in ensuring that enterprise-wide standards are met.
- Working closely with R&D on defining and developing Cloud offerings.
- An eagerness to learn about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide 24/7 support for production issues.
- Create and maintain operational documentation pertaining to deployment, management and administrative processes.
- Work as part of team or independently, and enjoys building tools and processes that automate the boring stuff so you and the team can work on the complex hard problems.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience e.g., systems administration, development operations.
- Solid experience with Linux and Windows administration.
- Experience using scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Must be able to install various operating systems from ISO’s including Centos, Debian, and Windows Server.
- Experience with virtualization technologies like VMware ESXi, and cloud providers like AWS a plus.
- Experience configuring Routers/Switches/Servers/Firewalls, understating of TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced with source control tools like git.
- Knowledge of any one of the idempotent tools like Chef or Puppet.
- Attention to detail and analytical working style.
- Knowledge of best practices & implementation of various levels of security is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
This company offers a flexible work schedule, modern and spacious offices, stocked kitchen and a casual environment. If interested, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!