A Fortune 100 company in the entertainment industry is hiring for a Junior Devops Linux Engineer to join the team. This company has more than 50 million users and is continuing to grow. This position requires strong Linux/Unix skills and scripting experience to build a next generation data platform centered on the big data and Hadoop ecosystem.
In terms of day-to-day responsibilities, you’ll install/upgrading/managing data warehouse tools, creating/maintaining automation scripts using Puppet/Chef and monitoring/troubleshooting/tuning clusters for system performance. You’ll also architect to resolve problems with applications and enterprise system, along with use cluster monitoring tools like Splunk.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1 years working experience in a Production Operations role, in support of large scale Linux infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Available to participate in a scheduled on-call rotation.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient as a Linux Production Systems Engineer, with experience managing large scale Web Services infrastructure.
- Proficient in tracking work requests via a ticket tracking system.
- Proficient in working with enterprise scale Monitoring and Alerting technologies.
- Proficient in performing the duties of Incident Manager.
- Experience in working with large scale Software Provisioning operations.
- Experienced in defining run books, and large scale networking SOPs.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive benefits package
- Medical. Dental. Vision.
- Competitive PTO package
- Great location in sunny Orange County