Full Stack Rails (Contract)
A leading company is introducing a way for people to live a financially healthy lifestyle using technology that promotes responsible financial decisions. They are located in downtown San Francisco and are looking for a contract engineer willing to pay $40 - $80 per hour based on experience. Given the 125,000 customer base, a feature in the apple store, and a clear business model the company has recently raised $9 million in series B funding and is expanding from 20 to 30 team members by the end of the year. The company has experience success over the past year bringing in 10x their top line revenue.
The Ideal candidate will be the right hand man/woman to the Chief Technology Officer and have the potential to move into a management position. It’s primarily a backend Ruby on Rails position and familiarity with Go, Scala, etc. is a plus. Having built something unique is ideal considering the position will consist of mostly new development of the core product as well as innovative features not seen in the industry.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with other backend languages (Go, Scala,etc.)(+)
- Experience with MySQL and Postgres (+)
- Work with customer-facing application (+)
- Experience with working in startups (+)
- Solid understanding of scalability
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit