Senior Data Engineer (Work with Spark and Kafka)
PaaS company is hiring for a senior engineer to joining their small, but growing team. As an engineer on this team, you will work on a compute cluster as well as other platform components and help take us to the next level of scalability and performance. You will be taking a leadership position to help make design decisions and implement back end infrastructure for our data pipelines. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Must have experience with Apache Spark and Kafka. Experience with other technologies such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra, and Zookeeper are not required, but are highly desirable.
- Experience with writing production ready software.
- Must have experience with Java OR Scala.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Player: positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner
Benefits & Perks
- 401K, health, dental insurance
- Stock option and annual bonuses
- Free coffee and snacks
- Gym membership discount
- Learn and develop new programming skills
- Become a mentor to junior developers and get a leadership experience