Senior Python Engineer
An acquired and growing startup focusing on small business marketing is looking to grow their Backend Python/Django Team. This company has created a marketing platform that allows local businesses to easily update their web presence, distribute information, and engage customers.
As a Senior Python Engineer, you will be joining a team of engineers in a hands-on role with several new projects under development. The role will be focused solely on the back-end but you will be working closely with the front-end team which utilizes Angular.JS and AWS. Ideally you would be able to “lead from the front” as a mentor for younger developers on the team.
This backend team comes from various language backgrounds and they encourage developers from PHP & Ruby backgrounds to apply; however, you should have at least one full year of production experience with Python.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4 years+ experience with Python development
- Strong familiarity with Django or Flask frameworks
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Experience with REST APIs
- Strong OOP skills
- Previous experience working in a startup
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch or another search technology (Lucene, Solr, etc.) a PLUS
- Willingness to learn
- Creative attitude and a hacker spirit is welcomed
Benefits & Perks
- Named one of the most promising startups in America
- Start up perks
- 401K with immediate vesting
- Flexible schedule