Senior UX Designer (Contract-to-Hire)
A leading Financial Company on Wall Street is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join their team for a contract with the potential to flip full time. This Senior UX Designer will help design an iOS application from scratch that moves the existing user experience from web to mobile.
They will have ultimate creative freedom and influence to work the end-to-end design of this application from concept to deliverable. They will be working closely with engineers to help ship this product to millions of existing users.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-7 years of experience designing world-class apps with a strong portfolio of design work
- Proficiency with leading design software such as Sketch, Invision and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of mobile design standards
- Excellent visual design skills, typography, layout, and color usage
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record presenting to and evangelizing designs to cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s or master’s in graphic design, HCI, UX, or another related area of study
- Experience working in an agile software development team
- Passion for interaction design - we are looking for someone who constantly analyzes and obsesses over other product’s experiences
- Curiosity about the way people think and human behavior
What You Will Be Doing
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
- Gather user needs via design research methods.
- Communicate learnings and requirements to business stakeholders.
- Create user flow diagrams, conceptual wireframes, storyboards, click-through prototypes, and high fidelity mockups to articulate on design direction for our cloud-based applications.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
- Create user tasks and conduct usability tests to evaluate concept directions.
- Effectively communicate design decisions to colleagues, cross-functional team members, and management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams that include Program Managers, Business Analysts, and Engineers to gain insight into project goals and feasibility
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.