Mid-Level DevOps Engineer (12 month contract with start-up)
Come join a rapidly-growing well-funded startup. Our products help doctors provide a 5-star patient experience with their practice. We are looking for a mid-level engineer to join our growing team here in sunny Tustin, CA. We value innovation as much as collaboration and believe in empowering our team to build and drive their own careers. We want someone who won’t settle for anything but their very best work. You will collaboratively work with software developers to automate and streamline our operations and processes. You must be comfortable taking on new engineering challenges, implementing solutions and designs in a team environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Build and maintain tools for development and deployment to automate operations and processes, including but not limited to CI, containerization, and configuration management
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues in our dev, test and production environments
- Improve Infrastructure built out in AWS for high availability, redundancy and security
- Understand the software development lifecycle and implement improvements that remove friction points in the process
- Provide technical leadership to a growing team focused on infrastructure improvements and new technologies
- Evaluating new technology options and third party vendors
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree. Master’s a plus.
- 3+ years of production experience in deploying and administering Amazon AWS cloud applications
- Experience with automation/configuration management tool. Chef is a plus.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Extensive AWS cloud experience (EC2, ELB, ECS, VPC, IAM, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, etc.)
- AWS Certification preferred but not essential: SysOps and/or Solutions Architect ideal
- Demonstrable expertise in managing AWS-based infrastructure
- Experience with DevOps and automation: Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, CloudFormation, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, CircleCI, etc.
- Experience with Docker tooling and ecosystem
- Track record of AWS and Linux experienceExpertise with Amazon RDS and one or more of Elastic MapReduce (EMR), DynamoDB, Redshift
- Expertise with application performance monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, NewRelic, and open source alternatives
- Self starter with excellent communication skills, written and spoken
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Cloud Computing
- 30% Automation
- 80% Hands On
- 10% Management Duties
- 10% Client Facing
- Competitive Pay: Up to $60/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 12 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.