API Software/Data Engineer
The Data Engineering Group in the Customer Experience Organization at a large insurance company is seeking an outstanding individual to be a member of their team, focusing on API specification and design and REST development. The successful candidate will collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers, and enterprise stakeholders to help deliver innovative, data-driven systems aimed at transforming the insurance industry.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of related hands-on experience building large scale software and data systems
- A solid understanding of REST concepts and best practices
- Experience designing and implementing creative solutions to difficult data access problems
- Strong understanding and practice of agile software development processes
- Experience developing and maintaining
- RESTful APIs in Python, Scala, Play, NodeJS or other
- writing applications and APIs with Python MVCs, specifically Flask and Django or other technologies
- Experience writing both solid specification (OpenAPI/Swagger) and human-readable documentation (with tools like Markdown and Sphinx) for RESTful APIs
- Experience writing solid unit tests, and debugging in collaboration with a large software development
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working with relational databases, specifically Postgres and Vertica
- Experience using Docker, docker-machine and docker-compose.
- Experience in AWS cloud technologies and stack
- Experience in the insurance and financial industries
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Free parking
- Remote opportunities
- Yearly bonuses
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.