Java Engineer (Agile)
Are you interested in working in a high impact role that offers you the opportunity to update one of the most widely used systems in the nation? A large financial institution located in the heart of Downtown Chicago is urgently looking to bring on a Java Engineer to help move their legacy system into the most up to data technologies on a microservices architecture. This is a 6 month contract role with high likelihood for conversion of extension, that also offers benefits.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years Java
- Spring MVC
- REST APIs
- Relational Databases (SQL, MySQL)
- Experience working on and updating legacy systems
- ability to communicate with customers and users
- Experience working on Agile teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- JSON, Ember
- Test Driven Development
- Experience working in the financial industry
- Experience working on internally facing systems
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
- 70% Hands On coding with Java
- 30% Customer Facing
- Competitive Pay: Up to $40-50/hr, DOE
- Contract Duration: 3 – 6 Months with high likelihood for conversion
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Flexible work schedule
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Happy Hours
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.