Security Engineer (Linux Environment, Penn Testing, Palo Alto, Python)
This global Web hosting and cloud services provider is looking for a Security Engineer to join their team. As a Security Engineer, you will be working closely with other engineers in order to ensure productivity for customer experience.
For this position, responsibilities include monitoring existing web application security deployments and migrations. As well as checking server and firewall logs, networking traffic, malware scans, and troubleshooting. Those with strong Network Security experience in a Linux server administration is highly encouraged to apply!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in a Linux server administration
- 3+ years with web application security
- Knowledgable in scripting with Perl, Bash, and Python
- Ability to deploy, manage, and maintain all security systems
- Penetration testing experience with Kali and/or Metasploit
- Hands-on firewall experience with at least one: Palo Alto, ASA, Checkpoint, Sonicwall
- Skilled in resolving breaches and vulnerability issues
- Extensive knowledge of networking routers/switches: Cisco, Juniper, and/or Nexxus
- Prior experience working with IDS/IPS, Snort, Wireshark
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Experience with “Software as a Service”
- Outstanding mentoring and leadership skills
- Familiarity with FOSS projects
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Red Hat Linux
- 30% Windows Server 2010
- 70% Hands On
- 15% Management Duties
- 15% Team Collaboration
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.