Product Design Manager
As of December 2016, they were acquired by Ford, providing financial stability and some cool perks/benefits (see below). However, they operate more like a startup with about 25-30 employees.
They’re looking for a Product Design Manager to mainly focus on building out the design team in the first few months on the job. It will be 70-80% management/recruiting in the beginning with some hands on design experience, particularly for the mobile app. A huge plus is past successful research experience!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years of product design experience
- At least 2 years of management experience, particularly for the design team and building out a team
- At least 2 years of experience in recruiting and hiring for designers
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work with other engineers, product designers, and product managers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in Product Design, HCI or another relevant degree
- Past professional experience leading research
- Strong desire to mentor others and build out a design team
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% UI/UX
- 40% Research
- 10% Hands On
- 70% Management Duties
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
- Entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Matching 401k program
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Catered lunches
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
- Employee discount on product
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.