Our client is one of the most recognizable companies in the world. Chances are someone in your network uses their products on a daily basis. The company is opening a new office in Menlo Park as a spin-off R&D division that is working on cutting edge technology to be featured in the next wave of products. This technology will revolutionize the autonomous driving world. While the project is still in stealth mode phase, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact on a evolving project that affects millions of people. Come help their engineering team in the development of advanced imaging systems. A primary role of this position is to provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary engineering groups within the Future Transportation group, and to engage in hands-on design, development, integration and validation of camera imaging and illumination systems.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, Biomedical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of experience at the intersection of the consumer/industrial electronics and optics industry as a hardware/optical engineer
- Expertise in Zemax, LightTools, or Code V optical design software to model system optics characteristics
- Ability to architect, specify, and test complex optical systems
- Imaging systems expertise, specifically with cameras or electro optical systems Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of performance testing and validation of optical systems and components
- Experience with image sensor characterization, image quality evaluation and imaging science.
- Experience with imaging electronics design and validation, opto-mechanical design and tolerance analysis Demonstrated understanding of camera system integration.
- Experience in supporting metrology methodology for camera lens testing, and developing appropriate test charts and methods for camera evaluation.
- Ability to perform comprehensive optical and image quality characterization of lens and camera module.
What You Will Be Doing
15% Work with electrical and mechanical engineers to debug systems and evaluate performance
20% Serve as the technical lead for optical system and components through the entire product life cycle, from concept development through design to production support
5% Manage the technical relationship with optics vendors to deliver new optical components to the required specification and schedule
30% Perform hands-on bring-up, testing and troubleshooting of optics and associated control electronics
30% Function as a subject matter expert on optics technology by providing up-to-date, accurate information to colleagues and management
Competitive compensation, employee perks, medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.