Senior Java Engineer
A Series A start-up based in Mountain View, CA with 15 Million in backing from two top tier VC Firms, Redpoint Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners is looking for an exceptional Senior level Java engineer. The role can pay up to $170,000 per year depending on experience.
The company empowers business users to pin-point precisely the data they need, from multiple data sources, then accelerate the analytical processing for business intelligence tools, machine learning, data science, and SQL clients. The application delivers value in minutes, and learns from your data and queries, making your data engineers, analysts, and data scientists more productive.
You will be responsible for design, implementation, testing, and support of next-generation features related to reliability, scalability, robustness, security, usability, and performance of the product.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor in Computer Science or similar.
- Excellent grasp of multi-threaded and asynchronous programming models
- Java programming skills
- Experience in performance tuning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Domain knowledge in any of the following: query processing or optimization, distributed systems, concurrency control, data replication, code generation
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Java
- 20% Hadoop
- 60% Hands On
- 30% Collaboration
- 10% Reporting to leadership
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.