Full-Stack Java Developer
An up and coming start-up based in Palo Alto that specializes in web and mobile ordering platforms is looking to hire a Senior Java Engineer. This is an exciting role that can pay up to $160,000 on a full-time basis depending on experience.They are looking for passionate engineers to develop the next generation of an e-commerce platform that targets the $670B food & beverage industry. You’ll be actively participating in the entire SDLC and have a hand in all levels of the software stack. The ideal candidate will be experienced in building highly scalable, robust, and fault tolerant web applications.The company is VC backed and has an excellent foundation. Sometimes, the whole office spends entire mornings debating ideas and high-level strategies. Other days, the office is strapped in with headphones and getting deep into the code. You will get your hands dirty, hone your skills, learn a tremendous amount, and make a big impact.
Required Skills & Experience
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Strong Proficiency in working with web technology stack (e.g., HTTPS, cookies, caching, etc.)
- Strong experience in Java, Spring, Hibernate, MVC framework, Gradle, Git, JUnit
- Strong experience with Relational databases such as Oracle and using SQL
- Demonstrated experience with working with big data technologies such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Apache Spark, ElasticSearch
- Has Worked in a continuous integration environment
- Has also worked in a cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of Application security best practices and tools (OAuth, etc.)
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Java
- 20% Hadoop
- 60% Hands On
- 30% Collaboration
- 10% Reporting to leadership
- competitive Salary: Up to $160K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.