Senior Data Engineer
In Redwood City, a smart wearable company is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to build ETL pipelines as well as continue to scale their Big Data Platform. You will be working alongside a data science team which is a great advantage. You will be participating in a few main goals of the team that include integration into the design, algorithms design and development, and ad-hoc analysis.
Are you yearning to work on stimulating problems that you face using the latest advances in machine learning, the tools of big data, and a wide variety of other disciplines? If so, this is the job to apply for today!
Required Skills & Experience
- MS in Computer Science
- 1+ years of industry experience
- Experience with signal processing, machine learning, and/or other scientific python and/or C++ programming frameworks
- Design and maintenance of big-data algorithms
- US work authorization is required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with applied health data
- Proficient programming in Python, Java/Scala is okay too; or, highly proficient in comparable languages and capable of learning new languages in a short amount of time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in multiple database languages
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Hands On - algorithm design and development, fine-tuning
- 20% Management Duties – this is a lead position
- 20% Team Collaboration – communication is key
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Vision, Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Catered lunch and snacks
- In-house personal training, mobility workshops & yoga
- Pet-friendly work place
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.