Senior Software Engineer
Do you know what food is actually healthy? If it’s important for you to know, then this job is for you! If you are a hands-on individual and have experience implementing a robust, scalable, data pipeline, apply to this job! This local start-up is offering an opportunity to assist in building the next generation of DNA processing and analytics platform. It will eventually need and utilize predictive modeling and machine learning algorithms. An additional plus is that this current position can transition into a Technical Lead role within the year.
A model candidate would have some industry experience with data stores, processing, and other backend services. Also, the ability to mentor teammates and communicate effectively when reporting to the VP of Engineering is required. You will have a direct impact on this production and will be a part in discovering what food is best for humans!
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Sciences
- some industry experience or any relevant software engineering position
- Experience building software using Java or Scala
- Experience building, scaling, and optimizing distributed analytical systems that handle large amounts of data
- Experience utilizing ORM concepts, relational databases, as well as NoSQL data stores
- Understanding in Microservices, and proficiency with API design
- US work authorization is required
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS in Computer Science
- Machine learning and predictive analysis experience
- Exposure to bioinformatics or genomics
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Backend
- 10% Frontend
- 70% Hands On – Architecture and Design
- 20% Management Duties
- 10% Team Collaboration – communication is a must
- Competitive Salary: Up to $190K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Catered lunch and snacks
- In-house personal training, mobility workshops & yoga
- Pet friendly work environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.