An independent tech consulting firm with headquarters in Manhattan is looking to expand their DC office! They are looking for a Support Engineer who will do a little bit of everything (administer Email and Web Servers, set up Google Apps for Work, give training courses, deploy workstations, chase down software bugs, publish using Content Management Systems, configure DNS, compile Open Source code, build and maintain hard or virtual Debian and BSD Servers, create and maintain User Domains and Identity Management Solutions, write lots of emails and work with like-minded peers). In short, you will make IT work.
Culture fit is a big deal, and they are interested in any applicants with a knack for communication, client services, and they need someone who is enthusiastic about constantly learning the newest technologies. This person will need to be very autonomous and capable of triaging/resolving issues without much hand-holding.
Compensation is competitive and depends on qualification. Health, transportation and other benefits are standard. You will work in the downtown DC office in Chinatown and serve some of the coolest, most discerning clients on the planet.
Required Skills & Experience
· Solid knowledge of the Apple Eco System (mobile, cloud and desktop)
· Very strong knowledge of core network technologies such as DNS, IP addressing and Routing
· Linux/UNIX system administration skills, including task automation
· Demonstrable knowledge of Active Directory and MS Exchange
· Experience with GoogleApps suite
Desired Skills & Experience
· Customer-facing experience at the Apple Genius Bar, in retail as store manager, or in any customer service position
Benefits & Perks
· Collaborative work environment
· Metro stipend/ parking reimbursement
· Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
· 401k matching
· Generous PTO