A global communications solutions company is looking for a Senior DevOps/Cloud engineer local to the Boston area to orchestrate the growth of their cloud based environment. They can pay up to $130K for this role, with added perks and an opportunity for a bonus. This role can be worked remotely.
Acting as Senior Cloud engineer, your main responsibilities will be to lead the architect, implementation, and maintenance of their cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate has scripting experience with technologies such as Bash, Python, Ruby and Perl as well as automation using tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible. Someone with a strong operational background in Linux Administration will be most successful in this role. This is an opportunity for ambitious engineers to enter a rapidly expanding company.
Required Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience operating in cloud based environments, preferably AWS
- Linux administration experience (Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Heavy automation experience with Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Strong scripting experience with languages such as Python, Perl, Bash, and Ruby.
- Prior experience using monitoring tools such as Nagios and Splunk.
- Experience using agile methodologies
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in team lead/ management style roles
- Experience building out large scale infrastructure
- Experience with cloudformation
Benefits & Perks
- Remote options
- Performance based bonus
- Casual, friendly environment
- 401k with 2.5% match
- 3 weeks PTO