Open Source Technical Fellow
Do you consider yourself a tech evangelist or coding guru? Do you prefer a tech agnostic approach to things and always find yourself contributing to projects in the open source community using the latest and greatest technologies? Do you want a role where you will be part of a team revamping the entire tech stack and initiative of a well-known company? If so this is the role for you!
A fortune 500 company is undertaking a new initiative to implement cutting edge technology into their tech stack and is looking for multiple Lead/Principal Software Engineers to help build out a brand new team. This team’s mission is to find new ways to not only overhaul their tech stack, but also put their company in the front of the tech community for creating innovative software applications. These projects will include internal, external, and large-scale applications that will be used by millions daily and will be handling extremely high volumes of data. Candidates need to have a strong Java background and must be able to bring a specialization to the team. This includes the MEAN stack, NoSQL Databases, Big Data Technologies, Cloud Technologies, or other Cutting Edge Languages. Should have prior ownership of a product or architected an application. If you are looking for a role where you can make an impact and find a long term career, apply now!
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of development experience
- Contributions to Open Source projects (github, stackoverflow) or involvement in the tech community (meetups, hackathons, etc.)
- Specialize in one or more of the following categories:
- NoSQL Databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Strom, etc.
- Cloud Technologies: AWS, Rackspace, Azure
- Cutting Edge Languages: Go, Scala, Erlang
Benefits & Perks
- Full Health Benefits
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Cutting Edge Technology
- Newly Remodeled Office with a fully stocked kitchen and convertible standing desks