QA Automation (Java, Selenium)
A nationwide leader in Orange County is looking to bring on a QA Automation Engineer to their growing team in Irvine. This company boasts a fun and collaborative environment, and values the development of their employees.
In this role you will be responsible for writing scripts and deploying test cases for UI automation. Secondarily, web services and database testing will be a part of daily work as well. The ideal candidate will have experience in software quality assurance, preferably in a Java environment. Automation skills developing and deploying test cases as well as writing scripts in Selenium are desirable. Some manual experience is necessary as well, especially with database validations.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in software quality assurance
- 1+ years’ experience in automation writing and deploying scripts in Java, C#, Python, etc.
- Ability to generate own test plans and test cases
- UI automation experience using tools like Selenium, Coded UI, or QTP
- Java unit testing experience using JUnit
- Ability to test web services with Soap UI or Postman
- Understanding of RESTful web service architecture
- Understanding of the database layer and ability to write SQL queries
- Experience in an agile environment
- Solid organizational skills
- Work with bug tracking tools like Jira
- Excellent communication and teamwork
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- 2+ years’ experience as a software developer utilizing object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with BDD
- Automated load balance and performance testing
- Understanding of multiple databases including MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, Mongo, etc.
- Virtualization experience
- Source control with TFS or Git
- Continuous integration with tools like Jenkins
- Linux experience
- Shell scripting
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation