Senior DevOps Engineer
This is one of the fastest growing digital companies in Chicago, with one of the coolest offices around. Yes, they have some other cool fringe benefits; A Coca-Cola Freestyle; air hockey / Foosball / ping pong, stand-up desks with articulating screens. All that fun stuff. But more importantly, they are on the forefront of software development practices.
They are looking to build out an entire team of Senior DevOps Engineers to help build and scale their suite of sports analytics applications. These roles will be part of their ever-growing team of engineers who own infrastructure services and delivery of their cloud-hosted applications. The team provides infrastructure technology design and selection, systems management and administration, and delivery of their applications.
This role will be an integral member of the team managing the production infrastructure and day-to-day operations across multiple applications for a diverse mixture of their clients. This team works closely with the company’s software development teams to ensure only the highest quality and supportable releases go into production.
The right candidate will have experience with all aspects of the production software lifecycle, from working with end users and stakeholders to create development plans, to the selection of required tools and technologies, to software development, as well as deployment of software to production ready, stable environments.
Candidates should have 5+ years of production experience including knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated testing disciplines.
Required Skills & Experience
· Participate as a member of agile development teams to drive service quality and adoption of operational best practices.
· Design and implement infrastructure architectures optimized for performance, reliability, scalability, security and cost.
· Ensure the effective monitoring of all aspects of system and application behavior, ensuring compliance with SLAs and performance requirements.
· Develop and implement non-functional requirements using and/or contributing to standard HERE solutions with a focus on broad re-use across products and services.
· Continuous integration and continuous delivery of systems and infrastructure.
· Deployment of production ready systems and infrastructure.
· Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system defects.
· Identify and provide solutions for common needs across stakeholders.
· Provide tier 3 level support – participating on a 24x7 call rotation.
Qualifications & Experience
· Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator with at least 2 years supporting a highly-available, 24x7 production environments.
· Production operations as well as software engineering background with a passion for delivering high-performance, quality software
· Experience with public cloud, specifically AWS. A “cloud-first” mentality is essential.
· Fluency in Bash and Python with a focus on development and delivery of infrastructure as a service.
· Deep understanding in the operation, tuning and support of web-based service delivery systems.
· Advanced knowledge of network security, communications protocols, troubleshooting commands and tools.
· Expertise in network and application monitoring and alerting systems.
· Knowledge of encryption technologies: IPSec, SSL, SSH.
· Clear understanding of the software development lifecycle.
· Familiarity with database technologies and system requirements.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a small team.
· Strong analytical and strategic skills