Systems Monitoring Engineer (Logistics)
This company is looking for a Systems Monitoring Engineer. This role will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting an enterprise-class monitoring platform for IT systems using a combination of on premise and cloud products. You will manage monitoring of all applications and infrastructure, ensuring meaningful and timely alerting. You will also provide at-a-glance performance visibility into this company’s growing platform for the rest of the organization.
· Maintain and upgrade our current monitoring products.
· Analyze and suggest new solutions to provide better redundancy and accuracy in our alerting.
· Ensure an accurate history of metrics is retained and available.
· Establish performance baselines for infrastructure and services.
· Ensure that monitoring data is relevant and useful to the enterprise.
· Collaborates closely with all areas of IT in monitor design. This includes a combination of project work and Incident/Problem Management support.
· Create a monitor repository within ServiceNow.
· Implement and/or script the monitor into the appropriate solution per the documentation.
· Provide metrics for SLA/OLA tracking and reporting.
· Create meaningful dashboards based on performance metrics and alerts.
· Audit monitors and alerts with owners to ensure accuracy and completeness.
· Assist in incident resolution with on-call staff.
Required Skills & Experience
· 6+ years working with Microsoft Server and other Microsoft technologies.
· Knowledgably present performance metrics data through dashboards or reports.
· Experience with monitoring both open and closed sourced software.
· An understanding of RESTful APIs and how to query them.
· Familiarity with SNMP traps.
· Strong object-based scripting skills, preferably in PowerShell.
· Basic knowledge in core enterprise infrastructure.
· Basic technical knowledge of Windows PC's, Networks, and Microsoft Server Operating System.
· Some SQL query knowledge.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Experience with services built with Windows Communication Foundation.
· Exposure to logging technologies such as Logstash or Splunk.